This is a paid partnership with TEMPUR® but all thoughts are my own.
This article was written prior to Nova being born.
Like many people during lockdown, I’ve spent a lot of time re-organising, de-cluttering and cleaning more! Especially with baby due any day now and a building site going on in half of our bottom floor, it’s been essential for me to make sure that our bedroom and our living room are as clean as possible since this is where I will be spending most of my time once she arrives.
My due date is only a few days away and as time goes on I can’t help but worry about the fact that I may have to be induced later down the line (which is less than ideal during Covid19 as my husband wouldn’t be allowed to be with me until I am in active labour). But I’m highly conscious that I just need to remain calm and create a relaxing environment and rest as much as possible leading up to labour, which is why creating a stress-free sleep sanctuary has been so important. Every night my routine is to have a soak in the bath to help with all the aches and pains and have an early night if I can. At 39 weeks pregnant getting a solid night sleep is near impossible, I am up and down like a yo-yo with back ache and a bladder that feels as small as a pea, so I need all the sleep sanctuary help I can get when I am in bed to actually sleep. This is where TEMPUR® comes in.
There are hundreds if not thousands of mattress/pillow companies, but there’s only one mattress product recognised by NASA and certified by the Space Foundation! Cool huh? I had no idea either! TEMPUR® was originally created by NASA in the 1970s to cushion astronauts during lift-off as they set off into space – the material they use to make each mattress and pillow evenly distributes weight and pressure – which is exactly what we need for a comfortable night’s sleep. But not only that, TEMPUR® also appreciate the importance of sleep hygiene (something I’m extremely conscious of since little one will be sleeping next to us in her bedside crib for the next 6 months), which is why all the TEMPUR® mattresses and pillows have zip-off covers which are machine washable at 60degrees – so we can finally ensure that our bedding is always hygienic, clean and fresh. This is also extremely handy if you’re an avid fake tanner like me! And the great news is that you can enter to win a TEMPUR® pillow further down!
So whilst we are on the topic of hygiene, I thought I’d share a few of my top bedroom cleaning tips to help you create your own sleep sanctuary.
- Keep your bedside table clutter free
- Put away clean clothes – I know it’s tempting to leave them piled up somewhere!
- Dirty clothes go in the laundry bin – this one is not my husband’s forte; he likes to leave a trail of worn clothes from our bedroom to the bathroom…
- Empty the bin – I’m the worst for this but it really does make such a difference once it’s done
- Wash your bed sheets regularly – that includes pillowcases and fitted sheets! I put two pillowcases on each pillow to double protect the pillow too!
- If you want double protection for your mattress (as well as extreme extra marshmallow type comfort) add a mattress topper. I’ve slept on a topper for years and it is life changing let me tell you!
- Make your bed every morning!
- Vacuum – I do this at least once a week in the bedroom – I even vacuum any surfaces, light fixtures, the top of our bed headboard – anywhere that is prone to collecting dust!
Now all you need to do to enter to win a TEMPUR® pillow is fill out the form below and share your top mattress hygiene or bedroom cleaning tip!